Aged Maple Balsamic-Bacon Vinaigrette Over Wilted Baby Spinach
- 4 Tbsp. Oliva! Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. our Barrel Aged Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. good quality Dijon style mustard
- 4 Tbsp. our Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced shallots
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked to a crisp and finely crumbled
- 2 quarts young spinach leaves, stems removed, washed
Place spinach in a serving bowl.
Place the maple balsamic, half the crumbled bacon, red wine vinegar, salt, half the shallots, pepper, and mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Gently warm while whisking – remove from heat before it reaches a simmer. Allow to cool for a minute, and then whisk in the extra virgin olive oil to emulsify. Adjust seasoning,
Gently dress spinach with warm vinaigrette and top with remaining crumbled bacon and shallot.