Heirloom Tomatoes with Spicy Cilantro Pesto
- 2 pounds assorted, ripe heirloom tomatoes,sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed, washed and dried
- 2 medium Garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 green onions, white portion only , chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, ribs discarded , chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup fruity, fresh Tuscan herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from 2 small limes
- About 1 tablespoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Place all of the in pesto ingredients into a blender or bowl of a food processor.Pulse untill no chunks remain, and the suace is pureed.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Arrange tomatoes slices and drizzle sauce over freshly cut tomatoes.
Serve immediately !!